At the end of every Magic with Melissa episode (click HERE to see the latest episode), I provide intuitive guidance by pulling a card from either an oracle deck or a Tarot card deck.
This past Monday (CLICK HERE to see the 11/16/2020 episode) after having an AMAZING conversation with my guest, Courtney Young-Allison about how we change our lives, I asked for some general guidance.
And I pulled the Hanged Man!
I used to not like this card because I thought it automatically meant I had to wait for whatever it was I was chasing. And, well, I hate to break it to you, it does kind of mean that. But it’s so much more than that, too!
The Hanged Man appears when we need to step back, clear our heads and hearts, and get a fresh perspective. It also appears when we need to question our beliefs, our habits, and if there’s really anything more we can do. Sometimes, there’s nothing left to do except wait. And sometimes, our beliefs and patterns are what’s blocking us from getting what we want and it ain’t going to happen until we face this truth.
Like all Tarot cards, this card’s message is unique for each of us. The best way to explore what it means for YOU is to journal about it.
Here are 8 questions you need to ask yourself when you pull the Hanged Man:
- How can I change my perspective?
- How can I surrender the need to control the current situation?
- What is my truth?
- How can I allow myself to just be?
- Is there something in my life I need to release?
- What idea, belief, person, or thing am I grasping too tightly?
- Is there anything else I can do right now? Or do I need to let it be?
- What would it take to make peace with myself and in my own mind right now?
These questions are in part from The Field Notes by Chris-Anne, creator of the Light Seer’s Tarot, and part from my own musings.
Use these questions to figure out if you’re getting in your own way or maybe you just need to rest your brain more and give your soul a chance to speak.