Today on Magick with Melissa (CLICK HERE to see the 1/11/2020 episode) I talked about how to be kind ALWAYS. It’s a neat trick, but very effective.
AND I pulled our weekly Tarot card for guidance and healing. This week I asked, “How can we practice being kind to ourselves?”
5 of Wands
The 5 of Wands speaks to competition, conflict, AND collaboration. Depending on how you look at it, any situation can take on the feel of conflict or of collaboration. It can also embody both energies, which is where competition comes in.
We tend to see competition as us and against them, but in reality, it’s an opportunity to use each other’s strengths and weaknesses to challenge ourselves to do better. We tend to push ourselves harder when we are competing. Why?
The simple answer is we want to win. But the more nuanced explanation is other’s provide us the catalyst to dig deeper than we thought we were capable of.
So how does this apply to practicing kindness? Well, think of it this way: when we find ourselves in conflict with someone else, we are being presented with the challenge to dig deeper to find a way to connect vs. compete. When our egos are screaming to be validated, it’s challenging to be kind. Get it?
If we can find a way to be kind in the midst of conflict, we are improving and excelling. In essence, we are winning.
Here are 8 questions you can ask to deep dive into the 5 of Wands:
1. Where is there conflict in your life right now?
2. What can you learn from this conflict?
3. Is there a way to turn conflict into collaboration?
4. Who are you in competition with?
5. What can you learn from other’s success?
6. How can you support yourself and others during current challenges?
7. What are you learning about working with others right now?
8. What challenges are preventing your from moving forward right now?
These questions are inspired by my own musings, as well as The Field Notes by Chris-Anne, creator of the Light Seer’s Tarot.
Use these questions to process how you can be kinder to yourself and others during challenging times.